Updates – July 23, 2021
Over the coming weeks, construction activities will take place in the following areas:
- Cherry Creek State Park.
- Construction activities in Cherry Creek State Park will resume in August and continue through the end of 2021.
- Restoration of previous work areas in the Park along Peoria Street is ongoing and will continue as weather permits.
- Passive prairie dog relocation efforts continue. Please obey Butterfly Hill and Pope trail closures, model airplane rules (including not flying over trails) and directions from our crews.
- Union Avenue between Dayton and Yosemite streets.
- Crews will begin installing the natural gas line across Union Avenue as early as Monday, July 26, 2021. Work and restoration of work areas will occur for approximately two weeks.
- Flaggers, shifting lanes, sidewalk closures and pedestrian detours will be in place along Union Avenue.
- Near Lehigh Avenue between Boston Street and Chester Way.
- Crews will begin installing new natural gas line beginning as early as Monday, Aug. 2, 2021. Construction will occur for approximately one week, and restoration will take place in the following weeks.
- Lane closures and traffic control barricades will be in place along Boston Street and Chester Way. A sidewalk closure will also be in place on Chester Way.
- Near Hampden Avenue between Akron and Yosemite streets.
- Activities at the regulator station near this location will continue through this fall.
Please stay clear of work areas for your safety and the safety of our crews. Please note that construction schedules are subject to change.